The Lancashire LEAP programme, part of Boost Business Lancashire offered start up businesses a wide range of specialised support including coaching, financial, international trade, HR and mentoring support.
Boost Business Lancashire (Boost) is the £7.2 million ERDF backed Lancashire Growth Hub led by the Lancashire Local Enterprise Partnership. Boost’s aim was to grow Lancashire’s economy by £20m and create a minimum of 1,200 new jobs and safeguard 700 jobs by June 2015.
The Lancashire LEAP programme offered new business’ a wide range of specialised support including coaching, financial, international trade, HR and mentoring support.
Whether it was a new business idea or an already established company, Lancashire LEAP provided delegates with a variety of support if they had been trading less than 3 years.
Support for Start Ups:
A Start up Boot Camp, with expert coaching for new business’ – a four part intensive coaching programme that focused on developing the business idea, sales, marketing, finance and HR.
- Access to sector based experts.
- Start up Toolkit; including how to guides, templates and start up checklists.
- Access to flexible coaching styles and additional seminars.
- Industry specialist mentoring support for up to 2 years.
Finance support, partial funding (50%) of up to £5,000 subject to eligibility criteria.
Support for businesses trading less than 3 years:
HR Essential Seminars, including one-to-one coaching from Human Resources practitioners.
- Human Resources seminar delivered by experienced indemnified practitioners, covering:
- HR – an introduction to employment law and policies
- Recruitment – the recruitment and selection process
- Employment – induction and staff management essentials
- Access to a coach for a specified number of sessions – they will work with you on a one-to-one basis to achieve the desired results for your business by empowering you to come up with the necessary human resource solutions.
- HR resources available to support the seminar content.
International Trade: Coaching Support and seminar programme.
- Export pricing, market entry methods and methods of payment.
- Coaching support from an export specialist.
- Networking opportunities.