Winning Pitch’s digital team continue to work towards ensuring that our website is accessible to as many of our customers as possible. We are also committed to improving and developing our range of online services in response to the requirements of our clients.
What we’ve done…
We try to write in plain English and avoid jargon where possible. If you don’t understand something, please let us know.
The site uses simple heading structures which should make it easier to navigate, especially for people who use screen readers.
We have the option to translate some of our key information into Welsh.
What we’re doing…
To notify users of screen reader technology, we’re currently looking to add an icon to all of our document links that open in a new window or to other websites. The icon will have hidden content that is accessible to screen readers to notify the user that the link opens in a new window and if the link is to a different website.
We aim to make our documents as accessible as possible. In some circumstances this isn't always possible. If you require a document in a different format, please contact us and we will do our best to provide this.
What you can change…
If you find the default text size on the site too small or too large, change it by using your web browser's built-in text-size function.
To resize the text using your browser:
- In Windows Internet Explorer (including Pocket IE), use the View > Text Size menu
- In Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, use the View > Zoom In option or go to Preferences/Tools > Content
- In Safari, use the View > Zoom In option or go Safari Preferences > Advanced > Accessibility
- In Chrome use the View > Zoom In option or go to Chrome Settings > Advanced Settings > Web Content
- In Opera, use the View > Zoom In
If you use a wheel-mouse, you may be able to change the text size by holding down the Control or Command key and turning the wheel. In some browsers you can change the text size using Control or Command and the + and - keys.
You can also specify the font styles, colours, and foreground and background colours. The way you do this varies from browser to browser.
- In Windows Internet Explorer (including Pocket IE), use the Tools > Internet Options
- In Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, use the Preferences/Tools > Options > Content
- In Chrome go to Chome Settings > Advanced Settings > Accessibility > Add additional accessibility features
The majority of downloadable documents on our website are in PDF format. To view a PDF document you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded for free from Adobe. For information about accessing PDF files if you have a disability, visit the Adobe access pages.
To view Microsoft Office documents, you will need to have an Office reader installed on your device.
You can download these readers from Microsoft.
Videos on our website are embedded via the website Youtube. Due to this, some accessibility features may not be available which is beyond the control of Winning Pitch.
Visit the Youtube help pages for information on accessing videos using screen readers.
If you have any ideas or suggestions to help improve the site then please contact us.