We receive and store certain information whenever you interact with us. We collect website usage information from a number of sources:
Our web server.
- URLs passed to us when you enter our site.
- Some information entered by you on forms on the website. In web usage information where information is entered by a user who has not logged in.
- A selection of Internet service providers.
- A selection of search engine companies.
- IP addresses.
We collect web usage information during your visits to our site including information on the date, time, page viewed or searched for, PDF downloads, guides printed, tools used, subscriptions and referrals made and other information relating to your browsing activity on our website. Where you are a registered user of our website and have logged in, we may collect web usage information to enable us to build a demographic profile. We may also use web usage information to create statistical data regarding the use of our website. That statistical data we may then use or disclose to others for marketing and strategic development purposes, but no individuals will be identified in such statistical data.
We collect web usage information to help us:
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Develop and deliver services and information that meet your needs
- Inform you of events, services and products which we believe to be relevant to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Cookies are small files that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. A cookie often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies do not damage your computer. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but to protect your privacy your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You do not have to accept cookies. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser to either accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Switching off cookies will still allow you to view the majority of content on our site, although it may restrict your use of our interactive tools.
There are two types of cookie. Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time, such as six or 12 months. We use persistent cookies to collect website usage information for use as described above. These cookies contain no personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
Session-specific cookies are deleted when you leave the website. We use session-specific cookies to
- Hold the information given while using an interactive tool on the website
- Hold your details when you are logged into the site
- Hold your search criteria while you are carrying out a search of the website
- Collect website usage information for use as described above - website usage information cookies contain no personal information and cannot be used to identify you
Disclosure of information
Linking to other websites
This website contains links to other partner websites. Anonymous visit or session information may be passed to other websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other sites may collect information from you, which will be used by them in accordance with their own data protection policy.
We use leading technologies and security measures to safeguard your information and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We use industry-standard SSL encryption software when processing sensitive information such as usernames and passwords.
Changes to this policy
You may inform us at any time should your details change or you wish to delete personal information we hold about you. You have a right to request a copy of any personal information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact Winning Pitch, explaining that your interest is to review your personal information.