Assistant Project Manager
This is a fixed term contract.
We are looking for an assistant Project Manager with experience of delivering public sector contracts, meeting operational and financial targets with maximum satisfaction for the stakeholders. The role will be based at our Head Office address – with travel to client offices based in city centre Leeds.
- Deputise when necessary at appropriate contract meetings
- Assist in operational contract meetings with the Contract Management Team
- Control the day-to-day operational delivery processes and administrative tasks, ensuring that suitable levels of control are in place, to ensure compliance with all contractual and other regulatory responsibilities
- Produce opportunities for continuous improvement in operational capability to support the Head of Entrepreneurial Solutions in terms of driving performance
- Develop, refine and control all relevant data collection
- Identify exceptions and risks, at the earliest opportunity
- Production of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Programme Performance Reports/Presentations on behalf of the Head of Entrepreneurial Solutions for submission externally to the client and internally to the Management Board
- Any other duties associated with the operational and financial control of the Programme
Skills and Attributes
- Project Management skills
- A highly motivated individual, able to work as part of a team but also manage own workload and determine priorities
- Highly numerate, with proven skills to handle the Programme’s data and be able to analyse, report, forecast, and re-profile activity
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work, in order to meet deadlines and to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent ICT skills, including CRM, Excel and PowerPoint plus excellent administration skills
The following experience and qualifications are essential:
- Experience of administering/controlling large complex projects
- Experience of managing and working on ERDF and/or Government funded projects
- Experience of the broader business support environment and the implications of spending public monies, within the private sector
- Relevant Project Management qualifications, such as Prince 2
- Relevant degree or equivalent in business, management/administration, or finance
- In the absence of formal qualifications, the candidate would need to demonstrate significant experience of programme management and financial control
To view or download the full job description please click here
To apply for this position you should submit a current CV together with covering letter (as one document) and completed monitoring form below.
Please click here to download the Winning Pitch monitoring form.
Once you have opened the form, please download it and save to your computer. After completing the form, please upload the final version with your CV.
If you have any issues using the document upload below, please send your CV and completed monitoring form to email@example.com
If you’d like to apply, enter your details below